Prachi Desai Shining Bollywood Star


She has the potential to kill some one with her extreme charm and child like millionare smile yes i am talking about the gorgeous Bollywood star Prachi Desai. Actress Prachi Desai has come a long way since her first movie outing in the Farhan Akhtar-Arjun Rampal starrer Rock On!!. one would have expected her to sign films in heaps. However, this hasn’t been the case as one is yet to hear of any new announcements. ”It was a conscious decision to go slow at the beginning of my career. I had been doing a lot on TV and wanted to give myself time to sink into the world of films. Also, audience also needs time to get used to seeing you in a different persona; it isn’t easy for them either,” says Prachi who has pretty much been an annual event if her films released so far are any indication “I think now is the time to move faster,” smiles Prachi who has currently only one confirmed film in her hands – JOKER with Rajeev Khandelwal, “I wanted some variety in the kind of films I do and hence I did a sophisticated ROCK ON, a comedy LIFE PARTNER and a period film like ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI.”

While she was a girl from the 70s in ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAAI, Prachi’s upcoming film JOKER has her playing a girl of today.

“In this film, I am playing someone who is exactly like me in real life as well,” informs Prachi, “My biggest worry always has been to get typecast as an actor. This is the reason why I have been making a conscious effort to give myself enough break in between so that I can pick and choose films carefully.” Well Prachi, in the times when being on-your-face and all over is the ‘in’ thing, it won’t be a bad idea to shorten breaks and pick up a lot more which is in the offering.

In fact, Prachi says that it’s just a matter of some more time before she surprises her audience even more. “Rock On!! was a complete change for me. I liked the way it introduced me to the big screen. But yes, there are more surprises in the waiting. I have signed up for a couple of films and my look will be completely different in them. There is plenty of scope in these roles that will allow me to unlock my sensual side. Right now I’m experimenting with my looks and I’m sure everybody will like it when they see the end result,” says Desai.

According to the actor, she would like to “play it smartly” when it comes to changing the general perception about her girl-next-door image. “I don’t want to do go for a drastic image makeover. I want to do it smartly and over a period of time, I want to prove that I can carry off any role and any outfit,” says Desai.

The actor admits that there was a time when she also used to suffer from weight issues but she says that she handled that period well.

“There was a brief phase when I had discovered that I had put on weight and it gave me sleepless nights. I was so worried about it. But then I decided that I needed to tackle it normally and not get too stressed about it. Apart from that phase, I was always lean and never had a problem with the way I look,” she adds.

Tell the actor that her career took off on a reverse mode of sorts and she agrees.

“Most actors start with modelling, then graduate into films and then they do TV. For me the graph has been completely ulta. It was TV first, and then came films and then it was the ramp followed by modelling assignments. But I am grateful to God. I really think the journey has been very special for me,” she concludes. We would like to wish you a happy life journery which is smooth full of bumpers…..i mean free of hurdles.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...