Winona Ryder: ‘I thought Angelina Jolie would be my friend’


Winona Ryder has revealed that she had hoped to become firm friends with Angelina Jolie after they co-starred in Girl, Interrupted. But Ryder, 39, said she was left disappointed when Jolie ‘kept her distance’. She told Total Film, “I remember thinking, ‘Oh we’re going to turn out to be great friends’. “But I think she needed to be able to look at me just as the character Susanna, not as Winona, so in a very respectful way she just kind of kept her distance. I saw her at one of the awards shows but I haven’t really seen her since.” She added that she felt ‘boring’ compared to Jolie, especially when it came to promoting the movie. “I remember in the press junket for Girl, Interrupted she would just be so open about her problems and then I would come in, and everyone would think I was so boring,” she said.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...